August 03, 2011

My town

So it seems that the town I live in is going through so many tragedy's These past weeks seem to have been filled with unexpected deaths. The first one came from a couple of teenage girls crawling on the roof of my middle school gym. They both fell through a skylight and one died from it. The second was a high school junior that slipped while cliff diving at the lake. I work with a lot of teenage girls and it broke my heart to see them lose a classmate. The third, and one that hits closest to home, was a local police officer was shot and killed after a routine traffic stop. This happened less then a mile from my home and place of work. It is so sad that these things have happened and it just reminds you that life is not something to be taken for granted. So it has a been a sad time for our town. I just hope it gets better.   

No comments:

Post a Comment