June 25, 2011

Another hail storm.

The weather here is a freaky thing. It has hailed bad 2 days in a row. I think yesterday's storm was much worse. It busted out windows on the south side of town. I saw a picture of one of the hail stones and it fit in the palm of a mans hand. It looked like a golf ball. Today, I was home for this storm. I thought tree branches were hitting the apartment, but it was hail. I think they were about the size of a marble but it is hard to tell after they hit so many things on the way down. The one thing I love about living in this apartment is that I feel safe. I was not the only one without power for a minute. Everyone rallies by the door to watch the storm. There is 32 different families living in this building. It may be annoying at times but I feel safe. Even though this is the "bad" side of town. But hey, if I scream I can be sure someone will hear me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment